Friday, January 23, 2009

Boy does time fly...

So, I was looking through some of my photos from a year ago and I realized wow, It's been a year since Amber and Damon's wedding! I can't believe a year has gone by so fast. I was looking through the old photos and found myself wishing I was back there again. Amber and Damon had a destination wedding to Florida. She has a sister that lives in West Palm Beach and she decided to get married in Ft. Lauderdale which was not too far away. I was ecstatic when she asked me to be her photographer and the fact that I got to witness their wedding made it all that much better. Then I realized OMG! I am gonna have to get on a plane and fly there and Igot nervous/excited because I have never flown before.

Well, the day arrived, January 1, 2008, that we would embark on our journey to Florida! I remember everyone kept asking me, "Are you nervous yet?" I really wasn't all that nervous if at all. I was more excited I think. So we left the afternoon of the 1 and boy was I ready to get out of the cold and into the warmth, what was left of it that is. They had a cold front come through Florida the day we arrived so it wasn't as warm as we wished but it was still better than Kansas!



This is all of us girls, the bride on the far left, waiting impatiently for our plane to leave Kansas. A little side note, I get asked how old I am more than I would expect and that day was one of them. Before the guy would let me on the plane he asked me how I was and then when I finally remembered how old I was he let me on. I don't mind but find it quite amusing!

Anywho, so we are off, I did great on the plane rides it was my friend Ashley who didn't really do too good, and we arrive in Ft. Lauderdale at like 11 pm and we get in this big van that drives us to WPB where Amber's sister lives. The driver was a very nice blonde girl who looked like she just got off her surf board but man did she drive like a maniac! I thought we were gonna drive straight through the toll booth without even stopping. I think Ash about had a heart attack. ;-) Love ya Rico! We finally make it to our hotel at like 1 am and we are on the ground floor and when we got into our room we immediately found a little surprise, a gecko! We weren't sure if it was real or not so Ash decided to throw a plastic cup at to see if it was real and after many attempts we got our answer. It rn soooo FAST and went behind the picture frame. Ash went immediately to the front desk and asked if we could be moved and they told us, "oh it happens all the time in Florida!" Ash replied, "I'm from Kansas and that never happens there!" we were moved upstairs away from all geckos. ;-)




(Amy and I weren't really scared we just made the most of the moment!)


The Wedding day was beautiful despite the fact that it was cold and rainy it was still beautiful to me. I had a blast being the photographer and spending time with my dear friends. Here are some photos from that day, January 4, 2008!


The Subletts right after they said "I do."




Ashley, Amy, Damon, Amber and me on a Ft. Lauderdale beach after the ceremony. Aww, good times!



This was the view from the suite terrace they got married on. All I can say is BEAUTIFUL! This was a trip of firsts for me, first time flying and my first glimpse of the ocean! I had a blast and I am definitely going back! :-)

0 comments: