Sunday, January 4, 2009

PlayLoop...

These past 2 years have been some of the best years of my life. When Lizzy came to me and asked if I would be willing to come to a 20 something group that she and Petie were thinking of starting, I have to admit, my first reaction was "ok, sure" and I really didn't know if I wanted to do it. I thought to myself, "what can I lose?" I remember the first meeting PlayLoop every had. I recognized like 2 maybe 3 people but didn't recognize anyone else. I remember that that was the first night I met Kevin, who has today become a very dear friend of mine. You know when we started this small group we had no idea what God had in store for it.

I have been extremely blessed these past 2 years to see the work God has done through this group. I have had the privilege to watch a dear friend surrender his life to God, I have seen people's faith restored in friendships, me being one of them, friends tying the knot, the birth of PlayLoop's first baby (Happy Birthday Cooper! He turns one year old this Thursday.) and I have had the chance myself to reconnect with God. It's funny because one thing I have heard repeated over and over again is how people say they have been looking for a group like this and how God answered their prayers by leading them to this group. I have made some awesome friends and I wouldn't trade them for the world. Even though we have had people come and go and new people come into our lives all the time we still remain great friends and followers of God. I can't thank God enough for providing me with such supportive and loving people like those in PlayLoop. I hope that the next 2 years are just as good if not better than the last 2 years. I love all! :-)

*Ho*

0 comments: