So, my entire family now lives in Nebraska. Ughhh! Which means I now have the pleasure of leaving my home and driving the 5 hour drive to my parents for Thanksgiving and Christmas. :-( I wouldn't be such a Debbie downer about it but my first experience was not a good one.
Thanksgiving 2008
I left work early, about noon, the day before Thanksgiving so I could get into Omaha early and not have to drive so late at night. Good thing I did because about and hour and a half into my trip my car decided to break down...in Minneapolis, KS. Let me tell you something about Minneapolis, KS, there isn't much there especially if you break down. So, I sat in my car for an hour or so before a KHP stopped to see if I needed help. I told the man that a tow truck was on it's way and he waited in his car until the tow truck showed up, which was only about 15 minutes later. The tow truck then drove back to Salina, about 30 minutes south of where I was, and dropped off me and my car there. At a rest stop I had the pleasure of waiting for a woman that I had never met before, but was a friend of my sister, to come pick me up and driv me to Topeka where my famly would be waiting for me. We got to a small town north of Topeka where I found my family waiting for me in a Wal-Mart parking lot, mom, dad, Lani (sis), Craig (Lani's BF), and my 2 puppies. We didn't get t my parents house until about 2 or 3 am!!! I just hope and pray that when I go up there for Christmas it doesn't take 13 hours! ;-)
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
The Story of My Life...
Posted by Heidi at 1:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment